The Replay Lecture Capture team has announced this term’s programme of training for both new and existing users. All sessions are offered free of charge and take place in the IT Learning Centre in IT Services’ offices at 13 Banbury Road.
Introduction to Replay training session
Mon 13 Feb, 12:30-13:30
This session is a short introduction to the software used at Oxford for automatically recording talks and seminars for student revision. The session presumes no prior knowledge of the software or service.
These informal workshops are intended for existing Replay users who are already familiar with the interface and basics of lecture capture. Proposed topics are listed for each workshop below, but if there is a particular topic not on the lists you would like us to cover (time permitting), e-mail email@example.com with your suggestions.
Mon 30 Jan, 9:15-10:45
- Setting up a WebLearn site for Replay
- Setting up a remote recorder in your department
- Scheduling a recording using the remote recorder
- Setting up public links and using the live webcast functionality
Tue 28 Feb, 14:00-15:30
- Uploading an audio or video file and manually synchronising PowerPoint slides
- Advanced editing techniques including copy, split and merge
- Optimising and configuring MP4 outputs
Mon 13 Mar, 14:00-15:00
- Making recordings available to a subset of students: e.g. for accessibility purposes
- Enabling the audio search functionality for your folders
- Closed captions (automated and manual)
- Setting start and/or end publication dates for recordings (embargoing)