Enhancing teaching and learning with technology
Wednesday 1 March 14:00-17:00
Join Dr Xavier Laurent and Emma Procter-Legg for a hands-on workshop that explores how to integrate technology in teaching to enhance student engagement.
In this session you will learn how to:
- improve in-class communication;
- check students’ understanding of key concepts and adapt your lectures on the fly;
- support collaborative learning activities in class or at a distance;
- embed mobile devices that many of us carry in a classroom setting (phone, tablet, or laptop);
- share resources quickly, straight to your students’ devices.
Examples will use simple low-cost/free apps and technologies. Bring along your own device (BYOD) to make the most of this session.
If you’re interested in hearing the experiences of other teaching staff, come along to this lunchtime networking session:
Diversify your teaching with digital tools
Monday 20 March 12.30-13.30
Are you curious how you can use digital tools for in-lecture polls, to engage tutorial students, to enhance feedback or to tackle learning challenges? Whether you already have experience with digital tools or are a complete beginner, join us to learn how you and your students can benefit from adopting new techniques and/or to share your own experiences.
The session will be led by Jocelyne Hughes (Continuing Education) and Lucy Tallents (Zoology) from the SHOAL project, and by Xavier Laurent and Steve Burholt (learning technologists, Academic IT). It is organised as part of the #OxEngage series.
Image credits: by kind permission of Xavier Laurent