As we approach the centenary of the First World War we are pleased to see our resources being referenced, and content being reused, in high calibre scholarly works. Making content openly available online has made it more discoverable by the academic and educational communities, and we are now seeing its impact in academic work. Recent publications that have included content from our collections include:
- Undertones of War: Illustrated Edition (forthcoming) Edmund Blunden, Oxford University Press
- The Great War and Modern Memory (2014) Paul Fussell. Folio Society
- Wilfred Owen: An Illustrated Life (2014) Jane Potter and Jon Stallworthy. Bodleian Libraries
- Wilfred Owen (2014) Guy Cuthbertson. Yale University Press.
- Hidden Stories of the First World War (2014) Jackie Storer. The British Library
- The Cambridge Companion to Poetry of the First World War (2013) Santanu Das. Cambridge University Press
- Towards Commemoration (2013) John Horne and Edward Madigan. Royal Irish Academy
- Remembrance and Community (2013) Kate Tiller. British Association of Local History
This year resources have also been used online and in print format by BBC iWonder, Radio 4, The Times Education Supplement, IWM North, Poetry by Heart and The British Library, as well as countless local exhibitions and publications.