Tuesday 9 April 2013 Location: Ship Street Centre, Jesus College, Oxford
This one-day workshop will showcase digital crowdsourcing projects in the Arts and Humanities, and discuss the impact of such initiatives. ‘Impact’ is a broad term, which encompasses issues connected to community, digital curation, public engagement and knowledge exchange. Key questions will include:
- What does impact mean in this environment?
- What types of impacts can be achieved by crowdsourcing initiatives?
- How can crowdsourced resources balance quality control and peer review?
- What are the impacts of devolving key processes away from core teams and institutions to public participants?
- What impacts do crowdsourcing initiatives have on participants and to what extent is it possible to influence this?