Thunderbird Calendar Automatic Export

Previously I wrote about thunderbird, davmail, exchange and exporting to google calendar and my system was setup and working fine. Then I upgraded (full-wipe and install) to the latest Ubuntu operating system and I had to set things up again. Part of the problem was that the thunderbird Automatic Export add-on wouldn’t work with the new version of thunderbird. While I know sometimes changes of software mean that the plugin will no longer function, I didn’t think this might be a problem with Automatic Export… I mean all it does is take the calendar you’ve set and export it which hopefully isn’t too reliant on the way the program itself works. Hopefully.

It turned out that if I unzipped the thunderbird plugin package available from Automatic Export on Mozilla add-ons site then I was able to edit the install.rdf file which tells thunderbird about the package. When I did I found that it had a em:maxVersion attribute and all I did was change that to be far past the current version. (Note: there were two of these, I changed both since I wasn’t sure which applied to what.) Zipping the file back up again and renaming to .xpi was all that was needed for a successful install.

Everything now working again perfectly.

Posted in Ubuntu | Leave a comment

Leave a Reply