- joinin: Smartphones and Tablets – this session will introduce a range of devices (an iPad mini, an Android tablet and a Windows Surface as well as encouraging participants to bring along their own smartphones and tablets), signing up for Eduroam, adding email accounts, taking pictures, using the on-screen keyboard etc.
- joinin: Social Media – this session will introduce a range of popular social media sites (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest etc) and will then allow participants to explore these sites and decide if they wish to sign up for them.
- joinin: Messaging – introduce a range of messaging systems available on smartphones, tablets and computers (Skype, FaceTime, Whatsapp, Snapchat, Firechat).
- joinin: Augmented Reality – looking at QR codes, Blippar, Aurasma and potentially Oculus Rift.
- joinin: Wearables – looking at a range of wearable smart devices, possibilities include Jawbone, Fitbit, Nike Plus, Google glass, Puzzlebox Orbit helicopter and MindWave as well as looking at associated websites/apps such as Strava and MyFitnessPal.
- joinin: Gaming – looking at popular gaming technology such as PS4, Oculus Rift and Minecraft
- joinin: Video – looking at creating videos on smartphones and tablets using Vine or iMovie
At this stage we are exploring these different session ideas and will look to finalise a definitive list of at least 4 sessions in the next month or so.