joinin project is today at the IT Services Staff Day, we’re running a stand in the foyer, and a sample workshop, and a photo competition.
To enter the competition, first you’ll need the Instagram app on your mobile device. And you must “follow” @joininOxford. You should also ensure you can access wifi like Eduroam. Any problems with these please just come along to the joinin stand, (remember you may need your password for your app store).
In the workshop or at our stand you’ll hear about how to enter your photo in the Instagram competition, but in essence it’s as simple as one-two-three joinin:
- Get the Instagram app on your device, and follow @joininOxford
- Take your photo today
- Upload to Instagram with the #joininOxford
Prizes: £20 [Amazon] for the most ‘LIKES’ by midnight, also 3x “spot” prizes
What should you photograph?
Anything, but for example think about:
- composition (maybe a reenactment of Da Vinci’s The Last Supper)?
- or subject (maybe a naming-shaming photo of one of those pesky laptop users)?
- or just keep an eye out for some serendipitous moment caught in time?
The small print:
joinin is funded by the IT innovation seed fund (trial) to trial an innovative way of introducing tech to staff around the University. Emma and Ally cannot enter the photo competition, and their decision on the prizes is final. To influence your chance of winning the first prize you can run a Twitter campaign or a charm offensive, but it’s LIKES in Instagram that counts!