For Safer Internet Day 2014 a panel of experts will join together to discuss this year’s theme – “Let’s create a better Internet together”. The event is being organised by the University’s Information Security team and Academic IT Services. Discussion will focus on what responsibilities the University, its staff and students have in helping to create a better Internet, including:
- Online presence (e.g. academic impact and online engagement)
- Social Media (e.g. Twitter)
- Creating, disseminating or accessing inappropriate content online
- Content filtering by your Internet Service Provider (ISP)
- Avoiding harassment and abuse online
How safe do you feel online?
Presentations will address the Oxford landscape and will include “How does your institution keep you safe?” by Dr Sara Perry, University of York, a scholar who was harassed online and has researched how academics are particularly vulnerable.
Afternoon refreshments will be provided, and the summit will be followed by an informal drinks reception.
To book, free of charge: http://courses.it.ox.ac.uk/detail/TBSI