** The OxTALENT competition is now closed. We thank everyone who entered in 2017: it was a record year! Please visit News from Academic IT for further updates **
The OxTALENT annual awards recognise members of the University who have made innovative use of digital technology in order to:
- Foster learning and academic practice at either undergraduate or postgraduate level;
- Develop more effective links between teaching and research; or
- Improve impact through outreach and public engagement.
The competition is open to all students and staff, and awards can be given either to individuals or to groups. In addition to the academic divisions, we welcome entries from the University’s libraries and museums, and from administrative and support staff.
This year we are inviting entries from both students and staff in six categories:
- Innovative teaching & learning with technology
- Outreach & widening participation
- Public engagement
- Digital media
- Data visualisation
- Research posters
The first prize in each category is a £150 Amazon voucher; the second prize is a £75 voucher. In addition, we award honourable mentions to other high-quality entries.