Outreach and widening participation activities deliver an important dimension of the University’s work in raising aspirations, promoting diversity and encouraging people from non-traditional backgrounds to enter higher education. The University’s core strategic priorities in this area of its work are set out in more detail in the Strategic Plan and Increasing Access web pages.
We welcome applications from staff and students who have made innovative use of technology to deliver exceptional widening participation activities and to support learners from disadvantaged backgrounds.
You are eligible to enter even if you’ve had professional help, but we ask you to let us know on the entry form what assistance you received.
What the judges will look for…
Your entry will be assessed in terms of:
- How clearly you have defined the purpose of your initiative/innovation, including the intended audience.
- The extent to which the entry reflects University strategy in this field.
- How you designed and implemented your initiative/innovation.
- Whether the innovation is suitable for the intended audience.
- Evidence of impact (qualitative and/or quantitative).
- How far you have considered the legacy or sustainability of the initiative.