We thank everyone who helped to make 2017 a record year for OxTALENT. Planning for next year’s competition will get under way during the autumn, and the launch will be announced in Hilary Term. To stay informed, subscribe to News from Academic IT and follow @acitoxford on Twitter. Meanwhile, you are welcome to browse this site for general information about the competition and about past winners.
The OxTALENT annual awards recognise members of the University who have made innovative use of digital technology in order to:
- Foster learning and academic practice at either undergraduate or postgraduate level;
- Develop more effective links between teaching and research; or
- Improve impact through outreach and public engagement.
The competition is open to all students and staff, and awards can be given either to individuals or to groups. In addition to the academic divisions, we welcome entries from the University’s libraries and museums, and from administrative and support staff.
This year we are inviting entries from both students and staff in six categories:
- Innovative teaching & learning with technology
- Outreach & widening participation
- Public engagement
- Digital media
- Data visualisation
- Research posters
The first prize in each category is a £150 Amazon voucher; the second prize is a £75 voucher. In addition, we award honourable mentions to other high-quality entries.