Romantic ideals, sexual attraction, platonic love, marriage – all talks from Oxford researchers relevant for Valentine’s day?
In this series of short talks, Oxford academics tackle the great questions on ‘Love – and other things’.
• How do we find love online? – Dr. Bernie Hogan
• If marriage is a trade, then what price romance?’ – Dr. Sos Eltis
• Who did Plato (not) love?’ – Dr. Cressida Ryan
• How did Jonathan Swift use an elaborate combination of language and code to tease his reader? – Dr. Abigail Williams
Enjoy the Love and other things trailer!
and why not subscribe in advance to the free podcast feed and listen to more from the series Oxford Abridged, including:
• What role do pheromones play in sexual attraction? – Dr. Tristram Wyatt
• Darwin and Friends – how many friends can you really have? – Prof. Robin Dunbar
Subscribe to the series in advance on Oxford on iTunesU:
http://bit.ly/itunesu-love or via the web site
And don’t forget you can always search for Love on our Podcasts site here: