Congratulations to the five projects that will be funded under the JISC 13/09 call for Community Content, Strand I (rapid innovation for existing resources):
- Digitizing data for disparate communities: Naval history and climate science, Dr Chris Lintott, University of Oxford
- galericymru, Tudur Evans, Coleg Harlech
- Mass Observation Communities Online (MOCO), River Jones, University of Sussex
- Co-FAST – Community Flood Archive enhancement through Storytelling, Professor Lindsey McEwen, University of Gloucestershire
- Addressing History, James Reid, EDINA, University of Edinburgh (conditional award)
There is more detail about the call and these projects in Alastair Dunning’s blog post. Alastair, (the JISC programme manager), expects to announce the Strand II projects late April 2010, marking was delayed (like a lot of plans) by the threat of industrial action on the railways this week.
RunCoCo will be in touch with these new projects to offer assistance if required, and any projects may contact RunCoCo, and we will try to help – whether JISC-funded or not.