We are pleased to announce that we have now opened the online submission site for Project Woruldhord as of today. To remind people this is a project hosted at Oxford University to try to build up an online collection of material related to Old English and the Anglo-Saxons by voluntary contributions online. Anything submitted will then be made available worldwide, free of charge, for others to reuse (for educational purposes only). This follows on from a very successful project we ran at Oxford where we collected together memorabilia from the First World War.
In short we are trying to collect any material that would be of help to people who wish to find out more about the period of history and the language and literature. We are looking for images, audio/video recordings, handouts, essays, articles, presentations, spreadsheets, databases, and so on:
• a photograph of an Anglo-Saxon building (e.g. the church at Deerhurst)
• a photograph of an Anglo-Saxon ‘site’ or reconstructions (e.g. the buildings at West Stow)
• a photograph of an Anglo-Saxon artefact (e.g. the Bewcastle Cross)
• a monograph or article that is now out of print that you hold the rights to
• a reading list used in teaching
• a set of slides used in a lecture
* a handout tackling some specific issue of the discipline
* translations of texts
• a workbook of grammar exercises
• an article on Anglo-Saxon England or Old English
• a video of a re-enactment from the Anglo-Saxon period
• an audio recording of some Old English
• and so on …
The most important page to get started is:
This takes you through the simple to use submission process where you can upload your object and provide some basic information about it.
However other pages you might be interested in are:
http://projects.oucs.ox.ac.uk/woruldhord/ – the main web site
http://projects.oucs.ox.ac.uk/woruldhord/faq/index.html – our ‘help’ section including a ‘how to get started guide’ and an FAQ
http://groups.google.com/group/project-woruldhord – a discussion group for the project
If you have any questions please email the project at: email@example.com
Thanks in advance for anything you send!