Welcome to the University of Oxford IT Services Research Support team website and blog.
We can support researchers in a number of different ways:
- Talking through the technical aspects of a project and discussing possible approaches
- Helping to refine requirements and identify the most appropriate solution
- Providing hands-on practical help – e.g. contributing to IT-related project work packages
- Giving presentations to research groups
Areas that we can advise on include:
- Research data management
- Digital humanities
- Websites for research projects
- DigiSafe: Digital Preservation service
- Reproducible research
- LabArchives Electronic Lab Notebook (ELN) service
- Interactive tools for coding and data analysis
- Data visualisation
- Free and open source software
- Open data and licensing
To arrange a consultation or ask a question, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that some activities may be chargeable. In general, advice and guidance are free of charge; more substantial pieces of work are charged at the standard IT Services daily rate.