The Research Support (RS) team helps researchers by:
Providing free advice. This may be face-to-face, over email, or by telephone. Things we can help with include:
- Discussing, reading and commenting on funding proposal applications
- Developing a data management plan for your project
- Advising on suitable software or storage solutions for your research
Running events. This includes:
- Organizing and running taught courses
- Giving bespoke presentations for divisions, departments, or research groups
- Organizing workshops and conferences
Working on projects. This includes:
- Managing IT-related projects and work packages
- Undertaking technical development work where we have expertise
- Contributing to the development of open source software, open content, and open standards
- Helping with recruitment – i.e. improving job specifications or participating in recruitment panels
To find out more about our past and present work, read our 3-monthly reports, or delve into one of the blogs we maintain (links to the right).
The Research Support team is part of the Academic IT group within IT Services at the University of Oxford.