The Replay Lecture Capture team has been working closely with the Disability Advisory Services (DAS), to formulate guidance on the relevance of recorded lectures for disability-related provision.
According to current legislation, universities are required to make “reasonable adjustments” for students with disabilities and encourage inclusive teaching practice which would benefit all students, including those who have chosen not to disclose their disability. Anticipating the needs of students with disabilities and promoting inclusive teaching practice are part of the Common Framework, which the University adheres to.
Example of a recorded Physics lecture – students can search the written and spoken words, and jump to particular slides to review certain information and reinforce their learning.
- Lecture Capture – Relevance for disability-related provision: http://help.it.ox.ac.uk/sites/ithelp/files/resources/Disability_guidance.pdf
- More about the Common Framework: http://www.admin.ox.ac.uk/aad/swss/disability/
- Disability Advisory Service (DAS): http://www.admin.ox.ac.uk/aad/swss/disability/das/
- Replay Help website: http://help.it.ox.ac.uk/replay/
- Contact the central Replay team: firstname.lastname@example.org