The latest Turnitin Academy Newsletter provides information on the following: (follow the link for more information and to register for the free webinars)
Closing the gap – What students say about instructor feedback. Key findings from the survey include:
- Despite high rates of electronic submission, students do not report receiving electronic feedback at the same rate.
- Students find feedback on “thesis/development” the most valuable, but report receiving more feedback on grammar/mechanics and composition/structure.
- Though 66.5 percent of students reported receiving “general, overall comments” on their paper, less than half of those students rated that feedback as “very helpful.”
- Forty-five percent of students rate voice/audio comments as helpful, but only 2.7 percent currently receive this type of feedback.
- Over 17 percent of students reported that their instructors would take more than 17 days to provide feedback on their papers.
Free UK-based webinars:
- Why Do Students Plagiarise? | May 22
- Identifying Plagiarism in Student Work | May 29
- Reducing Plagiarism through Assessment Design | Jun 5
- A Quick Guide to Referencing | Jun 12
- Using Electronic Sources | June 19
- Case Processing | Jun 26
User Events and Conferences
Access the newsletter link for all the information, including a schedule for online Basic Training Walkthroughs.