We are very happy to announce the shortlisted ideas that have progressed to the next round of the Summer of Innovation 2020 challenge. The idea creators are now invited to develop and share a proposal for turning their ideas into a digital project. Proposals are to be submitted by 6 May, with a pitch event to follow on 15 May. Funding decisions will be made and announced shortly after that.
Shortlisted ideas, in no particular order:
- Online 3D representations for visualising difficult concepts
- Interactive Cultural Group Maps as a tool for searching the Pitt Rivers Museum’s online collections
- ChatAI OX: Oxford AI Knowledge Base Chatbot
- Mobile augmented reality app to turn historic Head sculptures into fun urban science communicators
- The Global Health Network digital resources gateway powered by machine learning algorithms
- OXGO: A mobile mapping solution showing a user the best commute routes based on weather, traffic, environmental impact, journey