A powerful way for your students to test their understanding…
WebLearn offers a tool called ‘Tests’, which allows tutors and lecturers to create pools of questions and assessments based on selecting questions to present to students. Students can take the test in their own time and benefit from hints and feedback provided by the tutor when creating the questions.
The following questions types are possible:
The process of creating a test involves the following steps:
- Create questions in a question pool – options are available to provide overall feedback or hints
- Build an assessment by selecting questions to present (either sequentially or randomly)
- Test drive the assessment (test) as a student
- Set options such as open and close dates, time limits, number of attempts etc.
- Publish the test for students to take
The Tests tools keeps track of all attempts and provides a report showing student names, start and finish time, and scores. The data can be exported to Excel for further analysis.
- Tests: Getting started guide
- Tests: More detailed information about managing questions pools, marking schemes and pedagogical considerations for formative online assessment
If you would like to discuss possibilities for using the Tests tool in your courses, contact our team of learning technologists at firstname.lastname@example.org