WebLearn was upgraded on 19th June 2018 to version 11-ox11. We apologise for any inconvenience caused by the disruption.
The main focus for this release was ‘behind-the-scenes’ improvements required as part of the move to Canvas, however, there are some noteworthy improvements.
Bootstrap can be used on any HTML page in WebLearn including Resources, Lessons and Announcements.
There is a dedicated blog post entitled ‘Liven up your WebLearn pages’ which gives some examples and explains exactly to to add Bootstrap elements to your pages.
This sort of thing is easy to do:
- When a new version of a file is uploaded in Lessons the filename is now corrected generated as filename-1.pdf instead of filename.pdf-1.
- Surveys: the preview of a template is now shown in a new tab – this is on the ‘Start a New Survey Step 1’ page.
- CSV import into Calendar should now pick up the event type – if you are going to use this facility then please read this important note about importing event types first.
- Email templates in the Surveys tool are now verified before allowing them to be saved – this should prevent garbled email notifications being sent.
- The Resources tool now allows selected files / folders to be excluded from a ZIP file export.
- In the Assignments tool, an alert is now shown if the ‘Visible Date’ is set to be after ‘Open Date’