Due to low attendance numbers, the termly face-to-face meetings of the WebLearn and Turnitin user groups will no longer be offered. A new VLE User Group (for staff WebLearn and Canvas users) is currently being planned and will meet face-to-face on a regular basis. More details will be communicated soon.
To continue supporting staff users of WebLearn and Turnitin, the newly constituted Centre for Teaching and Learning (CTL) offers one-on-one consultation, on request. Please contact us at email@example.com.
User Group sites in WebLearn
The online sites in WebLearn are still active and we encourage you to make use of them:
- WebLearn User Group site: https://weblearn.ox.ac.uk/portal/site/:info:wlug
- Turnitin User Group site: https://weblearn.ox.ac.uk/portal/site/:info:plag:tiiug
Both sites are ‘joinable’ (if your colleagues would like to join them); and it is possible to ‘unjoin’ if you no longer wish to be a member (go to Site Info, and click ‘Unjoin’).
Each of the sites has a mailing list that is open for postings by all site members, and messages will be received by all site members:
- WebLearn User Group mailing list: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Turnitin User Group mailing list: email@example.com
The central team endeavours to share useful and interesting news about both services via our blogs:
- WebLearn blog: https://blogs.it.ox.ac.uk/adamweblearn/ (this blog)
- Turnitin at Oxford blog: https://blogs.it.ox.ac.uk/tii/
Please let us know if you have any questions or comments: firstname.lastname@example.org