Tutors and Supervisors: How do you mark student essays and other written work?
- Do you write comments on the hard copy essay, return it to the student and then have no copy of your feedback to them?
- Do you find that you are writing the same type of comment over and over again?
- Do students struggle to read your handwriting?
- Do you have a pile of uncollected marked essays in your office?
- Would you like to provide more extensive feedback, but it’s just too time consuming to write it all down, and there’s not enough space in the margin anyway?
If you have experienced any of these hindrances to providing supportive student feedback, come along to the lunchtime talk in the ‘make:’ series at OUCS on Wed 9 May entitled: “Feedback on written assignments with GradeMark – is this the future?” Find more information and book your place at http://www.oucs.ox.ac.uk/itlp/courses/detail/TM12H
The WebLearn team is running a pilot project in the use of the GradeMark software. Please email let us know if you would like to participate in the pilot project.