IT Services is offering a number of free webinars about different aspects of web accessibility so I thought it may be useful to forward the details. You may also be interested in a previous blog post about WebLearn and Accessibility.
We are pleased to announce a FREE interactive webinar series on Web Accessibility available to all members of the University.
Accessibility is about enabling any user to access content, however they choose, and it is vital that the University of Oxford continues to work to ensure equal access and opportunities.
The series will include seven webinars, aimed at website owners, managers, content editors, designers, web developers and testers. Delegates will be free to watch as many sessions as they feel are relevant to them. The webinars will be available at your own desk through a standard internet browser. Anyone with a keen interest in accessibility is encouraged to participate.
All webinars will be held from 15:00-17:00 on the dates shown below. To book and find further information, please visit the online booking system and search for ‘Web Accessibility’, or follow the below links:
- 9 January 2019 Webinar 1 (intro) Introduction to Web Accessibility
- 20 February 2019 Webinar 2 (designers) Key Accessibility Design Considerations for Designers
- 20 March 2019 Webinar 3 (policy) Adhering to an Accessibility Policy
- 10 April 2019 Webinar 4 (dev1) Key Accessibility Considerations for Developers – Part 1
- 17 April 2019 Webinar 5 (dev2) Key Accessibility Considerations for Developers – Part 2
- 1 May 2019 Webinar 6 (dev3) Key Accessibility Considerations for Developers – Part 3
- 15 May 2019 Webinar 7 (editors) Key Accessibility Considerations for Editors
The webinars will be provided by the charity AbilityNet who have experience providing accessibility consultancy services to Barclays, Microsoft and many other blue-chip companies. They are experts in providing information relating to assistive technology and digital accessibility whilst striving to promote digital inclusion, and are also involved in a number of research projects.
For any further queries relating to the content of the webinars please contact the IT Services Testing Team (email@example.com) and for booking enquiries please contact the IT Learning Centre (firstname.lastname@example.org).