Many users complain that the Schedule and Messages/Forums panels do not look very good on the Home Page. There is no way to remove them but there is a fairly acceptable work-around.
What you can do is:
- Copy the “home page” HTML text into a new HTML file (index.html) in resources.
- In Resources alongside the newly created page select, Make Web Content Link.
- Go into Site Info > Page Order Tool and
- Move the newly created Web Content link to the top of the list.
- Either hide or remove the Home Tool (click the light bulb icon so it goes grey or click the big red X).
Then you’ll have a home page with no side panels.