New Version of WebLearn Released
Both WebLearn systems were upgraded on 13th April 2010, new WebLearn to 2.6-ox3 and old WebLearn to 2.34.
New Facilities – The Highlights
- Better auto-generated passwords.
- Tasks, Tests and surveys now works properly for non site participants.
- Podcasts in non public sites can be accessed using Oxford SSO credentials.
- Automatically apply WebLearn styles to HTML pages created in Resources.
- MyWorkspace calendar export now includes dates from a user’s active sites (so long as the calendars themselves have been exported by the site owner).
- Announcements made on a public site are now public by default.
- Email notifications are now sent when students submit Assignments.
- All Site Info tool have been un-hidden and locked (so they can’t be hidden again). This is so that users can always discover who to contact about a site.
- Improved exporting of content into a zip file.
- Improved export of MCQs to enable import into New WebLearn
- Ability to mark areas as migrated or archived.
There is a separate document containing a more detailed list of changes.