New WebLearn was upgraded on 12th April 2011 to version 2.6-ox7. For more detailed information please looked at the detailed release notes.
- Importing a Reading List in RIS format now displays item title
- FLV (video) files can now be played through the News Tool
- ‘Album Art’ now included in Oxford Podcast picker
- WebDAV instructions have been added for Windows 7 & MacOS 10.5 and 10.6
- WebContent tool now display the correct wording on the page
Survey Beta Tool Improvements
- When login is required to view survey results, the correct login page is now displayed and if you do not have permission to see the results a sensible message is displayed.
- Many display / caching problems specific to Internet Explorer have now been fixed.
- The problems with being able to see previously supplied answers when answering a public survey have now been fixed
- When a survey is deleted the results can no longer be viewed
SES (Module Sign-up) Improvements
- Issue warning when course administrator is close to over allocating a course
- Administrator to have single click to enable them to email all accepted students
- Allow the supervisor to be set in manual (batch) enrolment of students to a course.
- The pop-up help has been updated
- Allow previously run modules to be found via the search interface
- Students now able to withdraw from a module through the WebLearn interface
- Sub-units now appear in Divisional hierarchy of departments in WebLearn (eg, Physics Department sub-units)
Unfortunately we have discovered that one of the new facilities does not work as intended, please ignore the link to Mobile Oxford on the Sign-up Tool pages. This link is an icon of a mobile phone and is suppose to generate an m.ox URL and QR code in the same way as the Polls Tool (but currently doesn’t).
Mobile Oxford can still be used to access Sign-up Tool sessions: visit m.ox.ac.uk and click on the WebLearn icon and then follow the instructions on the screen.