There’s still time to submit! The call for proposals for the Sakai Virtual Conference 2015 has been extended until Sept. 20th! (The conference is scheduled for the afternoon and evening of November 4th.)
Don’t wait! Submit your proposal today!
The Sakai Virtual Conference is an exciting opportunity to share best practices in teaching and learning with your peers in the Sakai community. This conference is all about YOU – your success stories and your amazing work. We encourage you to submit your proposal in any of the following categories.
- Faculty Course Showcase – Demonstrate exemplary instructional strategies and course design by showcasing your course.
- Instructional Design/Support – How do you support your end users? Share best practices for instructional design, training, and professional development at your institution.
- Effective or Innovative Practice – Are you using Sakai in a unique or uniquely effective way? For example, are you doing something innovative in Mobile/Responsive Design or Accessibility? Show us your effective or innovative practice!
- Learning Analytics – How are you using Learning Analytics in conjunction with your Sakai LMS to promote institutional objectives? Have you implemented a dashboard or student intervention success plan, Learning Records Store, xAPI, etc.?
- Technical Session – Do you have a topic that would be of interest to Sakai developers or IT staff? Would you like to demo new features or functionality coming in Sakai 11? Present on a technical topic “under the hood” of Sakai.
- Birds of a Feather – Lead an informal/unstructured online discussion about a topic of your choice.
- Lightning Talks – Do you have a project or perspective you’d like to share? Maybe you have an idea to improve Sakai that you’d like to promote? Lightning talks are 5 minute presentations which will be combined into an exciting and fast-paced conference session.
- UX Testing – We will be conducting live usability testing during the conference. Do you have a research question and test script you’d like to propose as part of our UX track? Help us improve the Sakai user interface through UX testing!
- Sakai en Español – Envía tu presentación sobre cualquiera de estos temas en español. (Note: The Spanish track will begin two hours prior to the main conference sessions so that attendees have the option to attend the presentations in Spanish as well as other conference tracks.)
The Sakai Virtual Conference will take place entirely online on Wednesday, November 4th. You’ll make your presentation in a virtual “room,” take live questions from the audience, and get the conference experience without the expense of travel. There will be opportunities for networking and informal discussions, as well as a chance to win prizes donated by our sponsors.
Help us make this year’s Sakai Virtual Conference a success!
We look forward to your proposal!
Neal Caidin, Sakai Community Coordinator, Apereo Foundation
Wilma Hodges, Sakai Virtual Conference 2015 Planning Committee Chair
Ian Dolphin, Executive Director, Apereo Foundation