IT Services supports the use of Turnitin, the plagiarism awareness software, and provides training and help materials for academic and administrative staff. Turnitin User Group meetings take place each term, with the next on Tuesday 12 March, 2:00 – 4:00. Places can be booked using the IT Services website.
Information about the use of Turnitin:
- Internal document: Use of Turnitin at Oxford University (Draft: comments are invited by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Information about how to use Turnitin
- Service Level Description for Turnitin
Turnitin support sites in WebLearn:
- The Plagiarism support site provides helpful information, including a link to the Turnitin Oxford blog.
- The Turnitin User Group site hosts a mailing list (email@example.com) and provides links to audio recordings of previous talks at User Group meetings. The User Group is open for any staff member to join by clicking on the link provided on the home page. This will automatically subscribe you to the mailing list.
Courses at IT Services: Training courses on the avoidance of plagiarism and the use of Turnitin are provided each term including three hour sessions and short sessions at lunch time. The courses are listed on the IT Services website – click on ‘P’ for ‘plagiarism’. Most of the courses are designed for staff members. There is one course for students, which is offered once per term in the regular course schedule, but can also be offered on request in departments or colleges (minimum 10 students): Plagiarism – How to avoid it (for students). Students have been informed about this course in the Student Newsletter.
Please contact the IT Services Help desk if you wish to request a Turnitin instructor account, or have any other questions.