The latest IT Innovation Challenges funding round for staff saw 21 ideas shared and discussed. Eight of these were invited to develop and present a project proposal. The IT Innovation Challenges Panel were very impressed with the proposals and the pitches that the project teams made and could only regret that the scheme could not fund all of them.
The following five projects were offered funding and will be running in the year to come (click on the project name to read more about it).
- Enabling Research and Public Engagement with VR – developing unique and exciting VR applications and experiences. Based at the MRC Weatherall Institute of Molecular Medicine (start: July 2018)
- Instant Video Creation – piloting an all-in-one video creation solution. Based at the Said Business School (start: August 2018)
- Open Cabinet: AR access to Oxford’s collections – virtual handling of 3D artefacts in the museum. Carried out by the Oxford Internet Institute, in partnership with the Pitt Rivers Museum and IT Service. (start: August 2018)
- Oxford 101: Augmented Reality Tour of Oxford for new and prospective students. Based in the Academic Administration Division Communications. (start: July 2018)
- Oxford Careers Compass – a web-app for values driven career planning. Based in the Careers Services (start: September 2018)
We will be publishing more information about the projects as they progress.